The May 8 2017 application deadline is quickly approaching for The 2017 Savannah Engineering Academy Summer STEM Camp.
The five-day summer program @ Armstrong State University is June 5-9 2017. It is for rising junior and senior high school students interested in math, science and engineering.
During this STEM 2017 summer camps, students will:
- explore engineering through hands-on activities such as building LED flashlights, remotely operated underwater vehicles (ROVs), and a water filter;
- enjoy field trips such as a riverboat tour of the Savannah River to learn about harbor deepening, river dredging, and local port activity;
- visit to a local site development construction project
- go on site visits to facilities including Gulfstream Aerospace, JCB, Skidaway Institute of Oceanography & more.
Students work with professional engineers from major engineering disciplines including civil, electrical, computer, aerospace, mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, water resources, environmental, and ocean.
What an amazing opportunity to learn about engineering, inform decisions on a college major and strengthen their college application.
To participate, students must:
- Be a rising junior or senior in high school
- Provide a teacher recommendation
- Have grades of 80% (3.0/4.0) or better in all math/engineering/science/technology classes
Applications available online here.
Application Deadline: Mon. May 8, 2017
No application fee. Only cost: $60 registration fee
For more information, email email@example.com or visit www.savannahengineeringacademy.net
Savannah Engineering Academy is a SouthernMamas.com advertiser