Where to meet the Budweiser Clydesdales before and after the Savannah St. Patrick’s Day Parade 2017:
* Wed March 15 11AM- 2PM @ Savannah Mall, 14045 Abercorn St. The eight-horse hitch will be harnessed & hitched to the famous red beer wagon @ Savannah Mall arriving at 11AM. The horses will participate in Mini Parade in parking lot @ noon. Free & open to the public.
* Thurs March 16 10AM – 6PM @ Southern Eagle Distributing Stable, 1320 US 80 West Garden City. Free & open to the public.
* Fri. March 17 St. Patrick’s Day Parade in downtown Savannah starting at 10:15AM. Details & the parade route here.
* Sat. March 18 noon-3PM in Old Town Bluffton SC on Calhoun Street for a King of Beers Parade
* Sun. March 19 10AM-6PM at Southern Eagle Distributing, 1320 US 80W; Savannah, Ga. (Free & open to public)
Horses chosen for the Budweiser Clydesdale hitch must be at least three years of age, stand approximately 18 hands – or six feet – at the shoulder, weigh an average of 2,000 pounds, must be bay in color, have four white legs, and a blaze of white on the face and black mane and tail. A gentle temperament is very important as hitch horses meet millions of people each year.
A single Clydesdale hitch horse will consume as much as 20-25 quarts of feed, 40-50 pounds of hay and 30 gallons of water per day.
Each hitch travels with a Dalmatian. In the early days of brewing, Dalmatians were bred and trained to protect the horses and guard the wagon when the driver went inside to make deliveries.
Express Clydesdales will be @ fundraising event Clydesdales for a Cause @ Tanger Outlets, Pooler Thurs. March 16 4-7PM.
This is a benefit for Children’s Miracle Network for Dwaine & Cynthia Willett Children’s Hospital of Savannah. Carriage rides, pictures & more after Tanger Outlet’s Greening of the Fountain. Contact (912) 232-9800 for details.
Find more Savannah area St. Patrick’s events here.