A favorite Savannah holiday light display is The Haldemans’ private home at 512 Gordonston Ave. The Haldemans decorate their house and yard as well as their neighbors’ yards and encouage the public to walk through the lights and drink free hot chocolate.
Know of great local holiday lights display? Please let us know.
Here are some Coastal Empire home holiday light displays that were well worth checking out last year. Not sure yet if these are still well-decorated spots this year. If you know, please share to firstname.lastname@example.org or comment here.
- New addition to the list: 8618 Gohler. 1 street east of waters ave off montgomery x-roads. Quality bike and crossroad animal hospital are on the corner. Unique hand made holiday designs and a 4 stage animated grinch on the roof.
New addition: Sea Palm Dr in Palmetto Cove on Wilmington. Very similar to the Battery Point with the music.
New addition: For the house on Wynn Gate Road in Wilmington Park with the lights set to music: Take Wilmington Rd to Winchester Dr (1st entrance to the park) and take a left. Take a left at the next street, which is Clarendon Rd. Then take the next right on Wynn Gate Rd. It’s on the right with a sign to set your radio to 94.4. It starts off slow then escalates.
• 105 Mapmaker Lane, in Battery Point, Whitemarsh Island: computerized lights display animated with music
• 182 Mills Run Drive, off Chatham Parkway: computerized lights display animated with music (THIS ONE IS A MUST SEE!!)
• 512 Gordonston Ave., Savannah
• 711 South Drive
• 202 Blue Marlin Drive in Seagate, Whitemarsh Island
• 203 Windsor Road, Windsor Forest
• 18 Cutler Drive, Georgetown area (in the same area, drive down Lions Gate (also in Georgetown), there are several brightly-decorated homes as well as a house on Waynesboro)
• 136 Chimney Road, Rincon
• 13008 Largo Drive, Windsor Forest
- 116 Community Road in Faulkville Lakeside Farms
• 504 E. 52 St
• Stuart St. just off Waters: a yard full of blow ups
• Three homes on Clark St, just off Montgomery Crossroads.
- Outside Savannah areaGuido Gardens, Metter GA
Hilton Head Is./Bluffton area
Fun holiday lights display at Harbour Town, Sea Pines Resort, HHI
Harbour Town Festival of Lights November 24 – January 2
Stroll along the Harbour and enjoy the illuminated seasonal figures which include beachy ones such as dolphins, pelicans, a water-skiing Santa, flamingos and more. The centerpiece of the display being a towering 25-foot lighted Christmas tree.