Best local holiday light displays. Planning on driving around and checking out the best local holiday house decorations? From giant Santa snow globes to computerized Christmas lights animated with music, we have your guide to local home holiday light displays.
Displays not to be missed include:
1. The Whitemarsh Island home of the Kesslers. In the Battery point subdivision at 105 Mapmaker Lane: computerized “dancing” lights display animated with music. Lights choreographed to blink, twink and fade in red, blue, green and white, in sync with a custom-mixed soundtrack of holiday tunes.
2. A beloved old-fashioned holiday yard display that on certain nights features hot chocolate for visitors and even Santa visits at 512 Gordonston Ave., Savannah.(UPDATE: on 12/1/12 this display was still in the prep stages & not ready yet. But this favorite is expected to be up again & glowing this season!)
Ones that we haven’t checked out yet this year but in the past have been great. We’ve been told many of these are still brillant this year.
• 711 South Drive
• 202 Blue Marlin Drive in Seagate, Whitemarsh Island
• 203 Windsor Road, Windsor Forest
• 18 Cutler Drive, Georgetown area (in the same area, drive down Lions Gate (also in Georgetown), there are several brightly-decorated homes as well as a house on Waynesboro)
• 136 Chimney Road, Rincon
• 13008 Largo Drive, Windsor Forest
116 Community Road in Faulkville Lakeside Farms
• 16 Godley Park Way in Pooler
• 504 E. 52 St
PUBLIC HOLIDAY LIGHT DISPLAYS, SAVANNAH
December Nights & Holiday Lights @ Coastal Georgia Botanical Gardens, Savannah. Details here.
Savannah Harbor of Lights Festival @ Road Course on Hutchinson Is. Details here.
HOLIDAY LIGHTS WORTH THE DRIVE!
Harbour Town Lights, Sea Pines Resort, Hilton Head Is. FREE. Details here
Lights Before (& After) Christmas at Riverbanks Zoo, Columbia, S.C. Details here.
Holiday Festival of Lights 2012, Charleston S.C. Details here
Garden Lights, Holiday Nights @ Atlanta Botanical Garden. Through Jan. 5 2013. Details here.