Thanks for all your entries for best family-friendly local restaurants. Your favorite places to eat out with the kids are:
Bonna Bella Yacht Club, 2470 Livingston Ave. near LaRoche Avenue in Savannah. 912.352.3133. This outdoor restaurant (accessible by auto and boat) on the Herb River received the most votes from SouthernMamas readers as best kid-friendly restaurant.
You love that the eatery has a ping-pong table and cornhole game to entertain the kids. Also has great views, the occasional live music and yummy food. As SouthernMamas reader Jennifer M. writes “Being able to go by boat is wonderful and they have such a large outdoor area for the kids to run around.”
- Siciliano’s, 4700 US 80, Whitemarsh Island. 912.897.1938. SouthernMamas reader Sarah H. writes “The staff is always so welcoming and friendly. The food is great, both for children and adults. There are also some great arcade games inside, including a car and motorcycle game. The staff members alway let children sit down on the car and motorcycle and pretend to play. Love it!”
- The Shell House Restaurant @ the intersection of I-95 (exit 94) and Hwy. 204. 912.927.3280. SouthernMamas reader Joy G. writes “There should be more restaurants that have trash cans in the middle of the table.”
- Cancun Mexican Restaurant, three locations (Wilmington Island, Pooler and Savannah). Speedy service suits impatient toddlers.
- Barbara Jeans, 138 Johnny Mercer Blvd., Wilmington Island. 912.898.4424. SouthernMamas reader Ginger H. writes “all those great veggie casseroles are an easy way to get our daughter to eat vegetables.”
- The Beef O’Brady’s on Ford Avenue in Richmond Hill received multiple votes from SouthernMamas readers. Kids eat free every Tuesday and enjoy kid-friendly entertainment.
- Sweet Potatoes, 6825 Waters Ave., Savannah. 912.352.3434. SouthernMamas reader Lana S. writes “We love to take our 9 month old to Sweet Potatoes-it’s casual dining, so if she gets upset she most likely won’t interrupt a romantic dinner or something like that and of course the food is extra yummy.”
- Moe’s Grill, 7801 Abercorn St. Savannah. 912.303.6688. SouthernMamas Danielle R. writes “It’s fast, friendly, cheap and the music is fun. My daughter loves it. I can even get a 100% juice box instead of soda with the kids meal. And you can get tofu as a meat option!”
- Chick-Fil-A in Pooler which has Family Night every Tuesday during May, June and July. Kid-friendly entertainment and children can make their own sundaes, 180 Pooler Parkway. 912.330-9209
- North Beach Grill, 33 Van Horne Dr., Tybee Island. 912.786.9003 SouthernMamas reader Meagan W. writes “We get to have fun in the water and swim to work up an appetite, then just take a quick walk to the grill and sit outside under the umbrellas.”
- The Pirates’ House, 20 East Broad St., Savannah 912.233.5757
- Houlihan’s, 17029 Abercorn Ext. Savannah 912.921.5712. Free carrot sticks and ranch dressing to hold the kids over while they wait for their kids meals. Kids meals come with a small bowl of ice-cream. Writes SouthernMamas reader Barbara M. “it was by far the best, most un-stressed lunch we’ve ever had out with all the kids.”
- Basil’s on Wilmington Island, 216 Johnny Mercer Rd. 912.897.6400. SouthernMamas reader Kari H. writes “they have a playroom right off the main dining room where they show movies and have toys and books. Parents can keep an eye on the kids in the next room by watching the TV monitor in the dining room.
- 606 E Cafe, Ford Ave., Richmond Hill. 912.459.0606. Kari H. writes “Also has a family room stocked with toys. Families can eat in the toy room and kids can play while they wait for their food or while their parents enjoy conversation and dessert.”
- Marley’s Island Grill, Park Plaza, Hilton Head Island. 843.686.5800. Received multiple votes. You love that the restaurant also has its own ice-cream stand adjoining the restaurant.
- Bluffton Atlanta Bread Company on U.S. 278. Kids-eat-free nights are 4-9 p.m. Wednesdays. 843. 815.2479.